Thursday 6 July 2017

Letter to My Father

Dear Dad,

Can we go back to the days
When you sat me down on your lap
Holding me within the safe confines
Of the arms I would cry for
At the mere thought of my cradle

Can you make me feel safe again, dad?
I looked for a man like you
He looked and talked like you
But he caused me pain
That’s not you, dad.

Can you chase away my demons, dad?
I don’t like playing with sadness
Apathy doesn’t let me play
And confusion hogs all my toys
Let’s watch cartoons instead, dad.

Take me back to the roads we walked on
When I clasped your index finger
Afraid of getting lost or torn away from you

Take me back to bedtime
When you wrote lullabies
That launched the most beautiful dreams

I’m lost now
And my dreams make me cry.


Take me back home, dad.

2 comments:

  1. Bhavyaa raaNii, bangaru bhabaanii...
    ...
    paavaagaDhammupai dEvErivi
    jiivaaLikantakii siritallivi
    naaku praaNaanivi,
    niivE tanivi!

    aatmaa vai putrikaa naamaasi!

    ReplyDelete

Okay

“Are you okay?” If I were anything less than okay, Would you still want to be my friend? If I told you I wear kohl To distract y...