Thursday 6 July 2017

Twenty Five Years

“You’re a sunshine girl”
What?
“You’re always so happy”
Oh?
“You’re a ray of positivity”
That sounds nice
“You constantly radiate joy”
You must be right
“Why do you look so sad?”
I couldn’t possibly…
“You’ve always been a cheerful person”
I believe you

Just like that
I nurtured a façade
What you wanted me to be
And now I don’t know
My twenty five year old reality
I smiled the way you’d like
So I’d be a happy memory
Your problems are bigger than mine
Why would you want to listen to me
I forgot where I began
I surrendered to you willingly
I told you of my joys
Forgot to pet my misery
And now if I could
I’d undress my long-worn secrecy
But you’d leave me if I told you
My twenty five year old reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay

“Are you okay?” If I were anything less than okay, Would you still want to be my friend? If I told you I wear kohl To distract y...